What aftercare programs are available?
With the restrictions on patient length of stay by Managed Care and to ensure patient success it has become vital that each patient be provided appropriate "aftercare". Harford Asylum and Psychiatric Hospital offers intensive outpatient treatment programs and partial day hospital treatment. For long term follow-up, mental health providers are utilized. Providers are selected for their professional expertise and their ability to provide "localized" aftercare to the hospital's patients.
Who can refer someone to Harford Asylum and Psychiatric Hospital?
We welcome referrals by medical or mental health caregivers, case managers, employee assistance programs, family members, community agencies, hospitals, clergy, friends and patients themselves. If you would like further information call our representative.
Will my insurance company pay for the services?
Two Rivers Psychiatric Hospital works closely with patients, their families, agency representatives, insurance companies, EAPs and managed care providers to determine all possible payment options. Harford Asylum and Psychiatric Hospital also accepts MEDIOCARE and QuadCare/QuadWest. In addition, Harford Asylum and Psychiatric Hospital will accept direct payment of fees for individuals who do not have or want to use insurance. We are an approved provider for most major insurance companies and managed care plans.
What should I bring with me to Harford Asylum?
Things to bring to Harford Asylum and Psychiatric Hospital:
- Calling card for long distance calls
- Insurance forms and personal identification.
- Overnight personal care items including shampoo and toothbrush.
- Casual clothing (wash and wear depending on the season) for three days.
- Comfortable shoes (sneakers with velcro tie for outside recreation - no shoestrings or shoelaces).
- Small amount of money (for snack purchases).
- Envelopes, stamps and cigarettes
- Velcro will be provided to tie shoes and belt loop.
- Home meds for:
Inhalers, Breathing machines, Birth control/fertility drugs, Medical conditions such as autoimmune disorders
Things to leave at home:
- Any substances that contain alcohol, drugs, or other substances that could be abused.
- Tight fitting or short cut clothing, shirts with inappropriate slogans or revealing slumber wear.
- Phones, pagers, laptops.
- Food of any kind.
- Pants with drawstrings
- Sharps, pocket knives, fingernail clippers, straight razors
- Pornographic magazines
If I have a problem on a weekend or in the evening, how do I contact Harford Asylum and Psychiatric Hospital?
Harford Asylum and Psychiatric Hospital is open 24-hours a day, 7-days a week to diagnose and treat mental illness and chemical dependency. Look for our direct contact telephone number under "Contact us" link.
Dr. Llevelyn Moss is a liar.